Thursday, August 05, 2004

Debt collectors posting their great knowledge and wisdom on the Art of Credit Message forum.
(LOL)

Derek



Joined: 10 Jul 2004
Posts: 93

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Your question is obviously only meant to incite a flame war, my dear.

When you have been dealing with debtors hour by hour, day by day, week by week, month after month, year after year, for 15 years......
...hmmm, let's do a bit of math. Average number of actual debtor contacts in a day is about 25. Multiply that times 22 working days a month and we have a resulting figure of 550. Multiply that times 12 months a year and we have some 6,600 conversations a year with debtors. Throw in 15 years of doing this and we have a whopping 99,000 conversations with debtors from all backgrounds and walks of life, and I have heard every variation and theme of nearly every possible dispute and misrepresentation a debtor can contrive.

Do I have the ability to decipher between the squirmers and those who have truly been wronged by ethically challenged CA's?

You bet your little credit-challenged a-- I do!

.....what's God got to do with it? It's all about experience in dealing with you little squirming, self-perceived victims that are only out to abuse the consumer protection laws and distort their purpose and intent into a weapon to unjustly extort money from us good, law-abiding CA's (...I hear the angels singing now.....)

...."idiots", she says..... I bet she believes she knows what "God" thinks, feels, wants, desires, dislikes, and more.

Yes, there are debtors that have truly fallen on difficult times and are trying to deal with the CA's, and they unfortunately experience certain CA's that I would prefer to see driven out of business. Myself, when I come across a single parent that offers me $200 per month to pay a debt, I tell her to pay me $50 per month and spend the other $150 on her kids.

Sadly, it's the rookies in this industry that break the laws and give our industry a bad name. The professionals that last are the ones that know how to be firm yet civil and even a bit compassionate.

But all too often, the debtors we deal with are only out to beat the system and find a way to avoid payment of their debts. And AoC is a breeding ground for them.

I need to go now. I have a friend that needs help cleaning up his credit and dealing with some CA's so he can get his life in order again. Wonder if I can divine the thoughts of the collectors he has to deal with...? I bet I can. After all, I think I'm "God", right ??


Author Message
enigma



Joined: 13 Oct 2003
Posts: 533
Location: South Florida

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:37 pm Post subject: Oscar at ci.com loves us too Reply with quote

From Oscar at CI.com

http://www.collectionindustry.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=9&threadid=1440


Shocked
Quote:
AJ-

Thanks for the fast update. Your post basically caught me up to speed.
That's a nice move what Derek and Lindala did....

I'm stuck working on a project so I don't have a lot of time. I'm working some ZERO agency on a contingency. It's ok. They will let me settle for whatever I want and they agreed to stay out of my way.

I'm about to join your AoC fight. I have all 25 AKA's ready to go. I'm about to "paint" their board. The "shock and Awe" is coming.

I think I even know who owns that board. That guy is history lol.
Back to top