Thursday, August 19, 2004

Thread Title: Debtor won't accept verification
Created On Thursday 08/19/04 11:54 AM


Stiffler
Senior Member

Posts: 577
Joined: Jun 2004

Thursday 08/19/04 11:54 AM (NEW!)

border="0" height="4" width="1" />
I have a 25k debt at 12.9 % for a home improvement loan that a debtor defaulted on. Theoretically there should be a lien position on the house, since she still lives in it ( rare for these loans, since most are foreclosed and short sold). The trick is we bought the debt and its actually from Conseco, which no longer operates as a lender due to the 3rd largest bankruptcy in US history.

I have searched nexis but it is difficult to find out about these liens and the only way I can reach the debtor is a learning center for kids that she operates under her name. She had previously asked for me to validate it to her (informally, just asked for some documents) and I complied by mailing her all the images I had with her initials and/or signature, per company policy. She then claims she never got them and how is stalling with this everytime and/or having her people cover for her at her business.

I have tried to reach the guy who rents her the office space for a home# but he is a busy plumber. This account was rejected for legal in March. What would you do? I suppose I could send the docs by Fed Ex or Certified mail..... helpfull answers only please, no tripe from the peanut gallery.

-------------------------
Troll NOT Tyrone... remember those innocent persons claimed by violent IP banning...